Old April 12th 12, 11:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Oyster penalties again

On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 12:05:12 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 10:52:45 on Thu, 12 Apr
2012, d remarked:
I'm sure an accountant somewhere was expecting to recycle "surrendered"
Oyster cards, all the literature makes it quite clear they don't belong
to the holder, only the money on them does.

No doubt, but if TfL was truly serious about retaining ownership then they'd
require everyone to produce id and a valid address before buying one so they
could be reclaimed at some point (though obviously if someone lives abroad
that might be a teensy problem). Since they don't require I think it can
be infered that they don't actually care.

Whether they care or not (about getting them back), that doesn't change
the legal position wrt ownership.

If a person or an organisation sells something without knowing or caring
where its gone but simply claiming its still theirs then perhaps ownership
could be challenged in court? I would xpost to uk.legal but this bloody
news server won't allowed it.

B2003