Old April 12th 12, 12:45 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Bruce[_2_] Bruce[_2_] is offline

Default Crossrail tunnelling to start shortly

Giovanni Drogo wrote:
On Thu, 12 Apr 2012, 77002 wrote:
A straight line, down from the UK, takes one to New Zealand I believe.

I have always been taught that New Zealand is at the antipodes of Italy
(also because both might somehow resemble a boot, with the heel on
opposite sides of course).

But it looks like we are both wrong, The antipodes of New Zealand are in
Spain http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antipodes !

(you may count that as UK if you consider Gibraltar :-))

Gibraltar is not part of the UK which is the United Kingdom of Great
Britain and Northern Ireland. Gibraltar is neither a part of Great
Britain nor of Northern Ireland.

I suspect that the 'Antipodes' page on Wikipedia was probably written
by a Spaniard or someone from a Spanish speaking country. ;-)