Old April 12th 12, 02:18 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_2_] Basil Jet[_2_] is offline

Default Crossrail tunnelling to start shortly

On 2012\04\12 11:18, Giovanni Drogo wrote:
On Thu, 12 Apr 2012, 77002 wrote:

A straight line, down from the UK, takes one to New Zealand I believe.

I have always been taught that New Zealand is at the antipodes of Italy
(also because both might somehow resemble a boot, with the heel on
opposite sides of course).

The heels are actually on the same side, if you look at the Antipodes
map closely. If New Zealand was moved over a bit, it would match Italy
rather well.