Old April 12th 12, 09:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster penalties again

In article ,
(Barry Salter) wrote:

On 12/04/2012 00:01,
wrote:

Looking at the journey history I can't for the life of me make out how
the negative balance occurred. It shows two entries for 30th March,
King's Cross St Pancras and Westminster, with a charge of £4.40 for the
first and £6.50 for the second. Her journeys were KXSP to Westminster
and back again.

Depending on how long she spent at Westminster, it's possible it was
treated as a single journey but fell foul of the maximum time limit
for a Zone 1 journey (i.e. 90 minutes).

Definitely not that. She was going to a briefing in the afternoon and then
making another visit before returning to King's Cross. The first journey
would have been off peak and the second probably in the evening peak. The
only explanation for the £4.40 is that the touch out at Westminster opened
the gate but failed to register. She doesn't remember the details too well
except that she broke her leg the next day!

--
Colin Rosenstiel