Old April 13th 12, 10:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster penalties again

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
16:34:06 on Thu, 12 Apr 2012,
remarked:
What's today's equivalent of the £4.40/£6.50, and where would we find
it in the current document?

(I had a skim through and was bamboozled by the sheer number of
different fares).

If have looked at current detailed online journey history for my own
card. Choosing the "Show all charging detail" option I see that the
initial touch in charge on all my recent journeys was £3.05. I guess that
is the railcard-discounted equivalent of £4.60 off peak.

I have a feeling from past discussion here that the no touch out peak
fare without a railcard is £7.

That would cover the £4.40 and £6.50 equivalents.

Looking at my own Oyster card, the current "Touch in deduction" seems
to be £4.60 and £6.90 (off-peak and peak).

Although just to keep people on their toes^H^H^H in the dark, this s
not mentioned in the 2012 fare rise documentation (equivalent to the
2011 one I posted yesterday):

I can't find the 'body' of the Jan 2012 fare rise decision on the
Mayors Site, but here is are the appendices:

http://www.london.gov.uk/sites/defau...%20for%20Jan%2
012%20v5%20(2)%20tables_0.pdf

And as presented to Travelwatch:

http://www.londontravelwatch.org.uk/document/14018/get

So, it looks like you have two unresolved journeys, where the
touch-out was missed. When it's busy at Kings Cross St Pancras,
especially the old ticket hall, it seems to me to again quite easy to
inadvertently "follow through" with your own touch-out not
registering.

And at Westminster off peak with its enormous gateline? Seems odd. She
doesn't recall too much detail because of the following day's drama.

Too late now but I have advised my wife to follow my technique. I lay the
car down on the pad and wait till I see the balance.

--
Colin Rosenstiel