Old April 13th 12, 09:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Another Oyster snag: you must check your history at least every

In article , (Clive Page)
wrote:

On 13/04/2012 20:39,
wrote:
There are no railcard discounts on /bus/ fares!

Aren't there - since I haven't had to pay for bus fares for the last
few years, I simply didn't know. In that case the fare of 80p looks
very much below current levels.

If you use the custom selection feature you can get more than one week
at a time online.

Yes, I see that now. It still doesn't get back as far as the
printout I got at the end of March from a ticket office.

My guess is that both these odd entries must date back a few years,
and somehow have got stuck on my Oyster Card record. If so that's
really confusing.

Even so, TfL have stated that one must claim for refunds within 14
days, so it does seem to be important to check one's Oyster card at
least every two weeks to make sure there is nothing unexpected there.
It hasn't altered my preference for using paper tickets whenever
possible.

They haven't replied to me. It's not clear how one checks an unregistered
Oyster card if one is charged after leaving London and don't return with it
for over a year.

Paper tickets are not an option for limited journeys when staying in London
overnight. And cash fares are twice as expensive or more.

--
Colin Rosenstiel