Old February 25th 04, 08:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mait001 Mait001 is offline

Default Tube direction

Hi everybody,

First of all, sorry for any errors in my English.
I'm from the Netherlands, and I have a question about the tube.

I'm planning to visit London for a week, and right now I am preparing
myselve to travel there.

It's a bit difficult for me to explain what I'd like to ask, but ...
Is there anybody that can explain to me, what's on the metro's (train's)
sign if you walk into a tube station.
In other words, wich direction do I keep when I walk into Bayswater station,
and I want to go to St. Jame's Park with the yellow line (circle).
Do you look to the end station, or is there another method?

Thanks in advance for any answers.
Ruud.

It should be very easy, Ruud: when you get into the station, there will be a
line diagram listing all the stations that can be reached from each platform.

For example, if you enter Bayswater, there will be a sign with a line-diagram
on it listing all of the stations on the Circle (yellow) Line that will be
reached from that platform, i.e. Notting Hill Gate, High Street Kensington,
etc. In this particular example you will then need to wait on the platform
until a "CIRCLE LINE" train arrives, making sure not to get a DISTRICT LINE
train that would take you to Earl's Court.

Good luck and bon voyage!

Marc.