Old April 16th 12, 02:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Circle restored

In article , (Mike
Bristow) wrote:

In article ,
d wrote:
Sorry , doesn't make sense. If he cycles to the station in cambridge
then there are plenty of places to leave a bike there. So why take it
all the way to london with all the hassle (to other pax as well as him)
if he's not going to use it there?

Who said they weren't going to use it in London? I merely said they
weren't going to use it from Kings X. Perhaps a ride from Kings X to
Putney is too far, but a ride from Putney Bridge to Hotham Road isn't.

Precisely. When I worked in London, I usually, especially once FCC and/or
TfL added far above inflation rises to the cost of day travelcards, cycled
between King's Cross and the office in Westminster.

I sometimes stayed in Putney overnight. After a long day at work I sometimes
didn't cycle the whole way, only to Vauxhall (nearest Zone 2 station). In
the morning I cycled from Putney to Westminster except when my tyre blew up
once.

--
Colin Rosenstiel