Old April 16th 12, 02:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
redcat redcat is offline

Default Circle restored

On 4/16/2012 10:26 AM, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Mon, 16 Apr 2012 09:41:06 -0400,
wrote:

Quick question, please --

In 2 weeks I need to go from Bayswater to Great Portland St. Last time I
took the Circle Line, no probs.

I just looked at the interactive map and, although this thread is about
"circle restored", the interactive map still shows the Circle only goes
as far as Edgeware Rd.

Here's the Question! Is the map behind and I can get to Grt Portland
from Bayswater via Circle?

Circle trains operate a "pan handle" service from Hammersmith then
round the circle via KX, Tower Hill, High St Ken and terminate at
Edgware Road. They then reverse and go back round the circle via HSK,
Tower Hill, KX and then back to Hammersmith.

If you board a train on the western section of the Circle then you
must change trains to reach Baker Street and stations further east.
Similarly if you board a train east of Edgware Road and want to reach
Bayswater and stations south thereof you must change trains at Edgware
Road. Passengers for Paddington would simply take a Hammersmith train
and use the H&C ticket hall to exit at Paddington.

Much of this thread was related to a temporary service pattern that LU
used to recover from a serious operational problem at baker Street.

On rare occasions the "old" Circle Line re-emerges at weekends if
there is engineering work that closes the line to Hammersmith.

Thank you. I'm going to have to print this out!