Old April 16th 12, 07:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
redcat redcat is offline

Default Circle restored

On 4/16/2012 2:04 PM, wrote:
In articleXaydnceos6VovhHSnZ2dnUVZ_v2dnZ2d@earthlink .com,
(redcat) wrote:

On 4/13/2012 6:33 AM,
d wrote:

I'm surprised anyones bothers with the circle line TBH. On the rare
occasions I need to go to the western end of it I'll just use the
central or bakerloo and walk. It simply isn't worth the hassle using the
Circle anymore, its a total failure as a line.

I lived in London through much of the 'seventies and anytime I needed
to go somewhere where the Circle or the District appeared to be the
obvious choices my heart sank.

Both lines remain the pits.

Why?

I was brought up in London nd have visited regularly since I left over 40
years ago. I have never found the Circle as bad as people claim it is and
the District gets me where I need to go every time.

I think at first it's luck of the draw and after that you're influenced
by what happened to you the first few times. I would stand freezing at
Bayswater waiting for the yellow or the green. I know other people
complained passionately about the black the same way; but the Northern
line always treated me well.

I think a bunch of us are just fascinated by the Underground, giving the
trains and lines a personality, and we have expectations of them. To
most other people the Underground is just transportation.

I mean -- aren't you proud that you can be still on the pavement and yet
know which train in what direction is arriving many feet below you?

It's like bird watching or plane spotting :-)