Old April 16th 12, 11:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Circle restored

In article ,

*Subject:* Circle restored
*From:*

*Date:* Fri, 13 Apr 2012 06:13:41 -0500

In article ,
() wrote:

On Fri, 13 Apr 2012 05:21:12 -0500
wrote:
I think I was on the first eastbound train out of Paddington at

about 21:20 that evening which claimed to be only for Edgware
Road but then immediately changed into a Circle Line. Great I
thought until arrival at Edgware Road where we managed to pause
for over 5 minutes waiting for a relief driver...

My observations (more than once for reasons I won't bore people

with) on Monday were that they were waiting for 5 minutes on every
train. None of mine changed drivers.

I'm surprised anyones bothers with the circle line TBH. On the rare
occasions I need to go to the western end of it I'll just use the
central or bakerloo and walk. It simply isn't worth the hassle
using the Circle anymore, its a total failure as a line.

If you have luggage and walking issues and want to get from King's
Cross to Putney it's still the best option. If you have a non-folding
bike with you it's the only option.

Looking at the TfL Journey Planner for tomorrow I see it gives me just two
choices from King's Cross to Putney. Either the Victoria Line and SWT to
Putney or the H&C or Circle to Edgware Road and District from there to East
Putney in much the same journey time.

A no brainer to use the Circle then as the Oyster fare to Putney via SWT is
a lot higher (£2.05 with a railcard on my Oyster card) than the Underground
fare to East Putney (£1.30).

--
Colin Rosenstiel