Old April 17th 12, 07:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Circle restored

In article ,
(redcat) wrote:

On 4/16/2012 6:56 PM,
wrote:
In article6PSdnRCS7bda7xHSnZ2dnUVZ_oidnZ2d@earthlink .com,
(redcat) wrote:

On 4/16/2012 3:16 PM, redcat wrote:
On 4/16/2012 2:04 PM,
wrote:
In ,
(redcat) wrote:

Quick question, please --

In 2 weeks I need to go from Bayswater to Great Portland St. Last
time I took the Circle Line, no probs.

I just looked at the interactive map and, although this thread is
about "circle restored", the interactive map still shows the Circle
only goes as far as Edgeware Rd.

Here's the Question! Is the map behind and I can get to Grt Portland
from Bayswater via Circle?

Thanks! Looking forward to being back in London.

As Paul explains in another message, to make that journey you
normally need to change at Edgware Road in both directions. Over
Easter and after a recent disruption there were through Circle trains
between Bayswater and Great Portland St but you cannot do that
normally.

Which is odd... because I did it 50 weeks ago, on a Wednesday (direct
Circle from Bayswater - Grt Portland. I got there 30 mins early for
an appointment!)

P.S. I just googled and got this:

Train journey from Bayswater to Great Portland Street
1) From Bayswater take the Circle Line
2) Leave the train at Great Portland Street

Journey: Bayswater _ Paddington _ Edgware Road _ Baker Street _ Great
Portland Street

Estimated time: 10 mins

Here is the link to the above:

http://www.londondrum.com/transport/...water&to=great
-portland-street

Better use the TfL Journey Planner, then,
http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/.
It clearly shows the need to change at Edgware Road.

The way I see it (and I can't cut and paste the detail, so I've
supplied the long link) is go to Edgeware Rd and take either H&C OR
Circle toward King'sX (which means stay on the Circle).

If you take DISTRICT line from Bayswater you would have to change for
the Circle or H&C at Edgeware. Here's the link:

http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/use...?language=en&s
essionID=TLJJP09P1_2747749531&requestID=1&tripSele ctor2=1&itdLPxx_view
=detail&tripSelection=on&command=nop&calculateDist ance=1

From Bayswater you take the first train, Circle or District, to Edgware Road
where it terminates. You then simply transfer to the Eastbound platform (4 I
think) and catch the first train from Hammersmith, either Circle or
Hammersmith and City, to Great Portland Street.

In the other direction it's not quite so easy. You get a Circle or
Hammersmith train to Edgware Road but there you have to work out which of
platforms 2 and 3 has the first train to Bayswater standing at it. The
Passenger Information System at Edgware Road is so awful they don't tell you
when trains are due to leave. And, IME, there are no platform staff to help
you either.

--
Colin Rosenstiel