Old April 17th 12, 01:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default London Bridge - Paddington by cab

In message , at 09:37:00 on Tue, 17 Apr
2012, Roland Perry remarked:
Often have 2 or 3 booking numbers as its usually cheaper to buy
separate tickets for parts of the journey than through tickets.
Like they use to do at the cinema.

No need. You can add multiple ticket purchases to the same purchase
basket. At least you can on Webtis sites like East Coast.

You might still get a booking reference for each.

Certainly not.

East Coast gives you one booking reference, East Midlands gives you
multiple.

(Or to be pedantic multiple "Collection reference numbers", the
"booking reference" for EMT is a completely different number. I'm
fairly sure the ToD machine uses yet a third name for it - I'll check
later today).

The dedicated ticket collection machine asked for my "Reference Number",
which is a reasonable abbreviation for 'Collection Reference Number' but
the ticket machines ask for "Booking Reference", which completely wrong,
given their earlier email:

Thank you for buying your train ticket(s) with EastMidlandsTrains -
your first stop for train tickets.

Your booking reference is 1403452999.

{And collection reference number the more familiar Alpha-numerics}