Old April 17th 12, 02:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jack[_3_] Jack[_3_] is offline

Default Capping mishandled

On Apr 17, 2:23*pm, Roland Perry wrote:
In message
, at
04:04:55 on Tue, 17 Apr 2012, Jack remarked:

If the card had capped at £12, and then the OP had then made a single
journey between any combination of zones 2-6, the total charge would
have been £13.40.

Based on the OP's information and all the available non-discounted
single fares, this is not what happened. *The card never reached the
Z1-4 cap.

The Z1-4 cap is £10.80, so it *had* exceeded that, because before the
final £1.40 fare the total would have been £13.00

ps I'm now getting confused as to why the OP thinks the Z1-4 cap is £12..

Yes, I did not refer to the fares tables and used the wrong figures in
that post.

The Peak 1-4 cap is £10.60.

£12 could have been charged if the 1-4 cap had been applied and after
that, a single Tube only Off-Peak journey between a station in Z5 or
Z6 and a station in zones 2-6 was made (£1.40)