Old April 17th 12, 11:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Circle restored

In article ,
() wrote:

From Bayswater you take the first train, Circle or District, to
Edgware Road where it terminates. You then simply transfer to the
Eastbound platform (4 I think) and catch the first train from
Hammersmith, either Circle or Hammersmith and City, to Great Portland
Street.

The Eastbound platform is platform 1. I should have checked before writing
but was there today.

In the other direction it's not quite so easy. You get a Circle or
Hammersmith train to Edgware Road but there you have to work out
which of platforms 2 and 3 has the first train to Bayswater standing
at it. The Passenger Information System at Edgware Road is so awful
they don't tell you when trains are due to leave. And, IME, there are
no platform staff to help you either.

I was wrong. If you look carefully at the PIS screens (which are actually
CCTV shots of individual platform indicators) it does tell you which of the
Circle and District trains at platforms 2 and 3 respectively is the first
train to High Street.

--
Colin Rosenstiel