Old April 18th 12, 03:17 PM
Robin9 Robin9 is offline
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Figgis View Post
Why should being elderly make a difference? Don't fall for the trap of
thinking that being 65 (or whatever) means someone must be stupid, poor
and disabled. Most can't even use the "I died in the war for you"
argument any more.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK
I am myself 65 and I am not stupid, poor and disabled so it is unlikely I will fall into that trap. However among the elderly you will find many crippled by arthritis, many with stiff knees and many who find moving difficult and often painful. That is why any attempt to ban them from being set down or picked up from outside the building they have business in should be considered extremely callous.

Last edited by Robin9 : April 19th 12 at 04:09 PM Reason: typo