Old April 18th 12, 06:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default Addison Lee tells drivers to drive in bus lanes

On 18/04/2012 16:17, Robin9 wrote:
Arthur Figgis;129938 Wrote:

Why should being elderly make a difference? Don't fall for the trap of
thinking that being 65 (or whatever) means someone must be stupid, poor

and disabled. Most can't even use the "I died in the war for you"
argument any more.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK

I am myself 65 and I am not stupid, poor and disabled so it unlikely I
will fall into that trap. However among the elderly you will find many
crippled by arthritis, many with stiff knees and many who find moving
difficult and often painful. That is why any attempt to ban them from
being set down or picked up from outside the building they have business
in should be considered extremely callous.

You will find many non-elderly people who find moving difficult and
often painful. Perhaps they should learn to stay indoors and not dare to
delay people who are older than them? If they cannot carry a heavy item
of luggage between Euston and St Pancras in less than four minutes
they shouldn't be allowed out at all?

Or perhaps we could try to make provision based on actual needs, rather
than just looking for opportunities to sneer at other people and tell
everyone how we "care" more than everyone else? Nah, it'll never catch on...

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK