Old April 20th 12, 12:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
77002 77002 is offline

Default Blackfriars again

On Apr 20, 1:13*pm, TimB wrote:
On Apr 20, 11:25*am, 77002 wrote:

On Apr 19, 9:34*pm, "Richard J." wrote:

Peter Lawrence wrote on 19 April 2012 20:59:45 ...

1. *The station used to have fixed stairs serving the Underground and
escalators serving (most) Nat Rail platforms. *Now it has escalators for
the Underground but fixed stairs for Nat Rail. *Are we supposed to
believe this is an improvement?

2. *How does that roof over the through nat rail platforms manage to let
in quite so much rain?

How about waiting until the project's finished before launching into
that sort of criticism? *Last time I was there, the escalator
infrastructure to the National Rail platforms could be seen through the
gaps in the hoardings.

Blackfriars Station is in a very exposed position. *One wonders of
screens will be added in order to protect passengers from winter winds
off the Thames?

I've got a better idea - why not a very frequent (say every couple of
minutes) train service to whisk them away?

We will see what happens in practice. Although, even two minute would
be time enough to become very cold, and damp during a “horizontal”
winter rain storm above the Thames.