Old April 21st 12, 03:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Blackfriars again

On 21/04/2012 16:01, D7666 wrote:
On Apr 20, 9:48 pm, Peter wrote:

No idea. Perhaps it's not yet finished?

Indeed,

What is currently visible is mostly hoardings!

BF is not finished yet, or at least was not on my last use of the
place which was about 2 weeks ago now, although as it happens I might
be using it tomorrow.

Commenting ion state of stations during construction work is never
going to yield constructive debate.

If one commented on two stations up the line - Farringdon - on every
different phase of the horrendous work there you could be highly
critical, but what is there now is quite excellent ... and I say that
from the point of view of a commuter who when I do use the place it is
often during full peak, and I do do TL/LU interchanging there.

But even Farringdon is not yet complete, there are still numbers of
hoardings in several different places.

I suspect Blackfriars will be the same, even when the bays are open
and so on it will be a while yet before all hoarding go and all
facilities open.

No-one seems to have commented in uk.r (well I do not remember if so)
about LU Blackfriars. Thats a fine improvement on what was there
before. if only the entire sub-surface stations could be brought up to
that standard (and all made 8car at the same time) . IMHO the rebuilt
Kings Cross is pathetic compared to the rebuilt Blackfriars.

--
Nick

How so?