Old April 23rd 12, 01:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default London 2012: TfL details Games rail and Tube hotspots

On 23/04/2012 13:59, Robert Neville wrote:
Paul wrote:

Actually there is no great concern about Heathrow to London services
other than on the last day of the Olympics when there is a mass
departure. Arrivals are staggered over a much longer period and won't
overload the services. This is based on informed discussions I had
several months ago with a range of people who know what is planned.

Furthermore, it's not like the airlines are putting on extra flights to handle
extra passengers, even if slots were available - and there aren't. Given that
the flights are mostly full already and there aren't larger planes sitting
around waiting to be substituted in, I doubt it's even going to be noticable.

The main difference will be that a greater proportion than usual will
not be transit passengers but using LHR as their final destination.

--
Graeme Wall
Railway Miscellany at http://www.greywall.demon.co.uk/rail