Old April 23rd 12, 09:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default London 2012: TfL details Games rail and Tube hotspots

In article ,
(Recliner) wrote:

On Mon, 23 Apr 2012 06:59:29 -0600, Robert Neville
wrote:

Paul Corfield wrote:

Actually there is no great concern about Heathrow to London services
other than on the last day of the Olympics when there is a mass
departure. Arrivals are staggered over a much longer period and won't
overload the services. This is based on informed discussions I had
several months ago with a range of people who know what is planned.

Furthermore, it's not like the airlines are putting on extra flights to
handle extra passengers, even if slots were available - and there aren't.
Given that the flights are mostly full already and there aren't larger
planes sitting around waiting to be substituted in, I doubt it's even
going to be noticable.

That's largely true of Heathrow (at least at peak times), but extra
Olympic charters may come into other London airports which do have
some spare capacity. Even at Heathrow, foreign airlines may choose to
put on larger planes than normal on their scheduled flights but as you
say, the British carriers don't have much flexibility.

Cambridge is expecting quite a few Olympic flights.

--
Colin Rosenstiel