Old February 26th 04, 02:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Just me and the world Just me and the world is offline

Default Topping-up pre-pay at newsagents' terminals

I would have thought any newsagent who has a Paypoint terminal or similar
apparatus in his mini emporium, would know what it is you want to do.
However, it is highly possible that the actual newsagent (who knows how to
use the machine)was at the mosque and therefore his wife's second brothers
third cousins (twice removed) mother may have been standing in for him.

It should simply be a matter of asking to add £1 (I believe this is the
smallest denomination you can re-credit) to your card

"Steph Davies" wrote in message
om...
Is this possible?

I went into a newsagent last night and tried to put £1 on my Oyster
pre-pay.

He didn't seem to understand and all he wanted to do was sell me a bus
pass. Luckily I managed to stop him doing it before he tried to
charge me!

I suspect it is possible to top-up pre-pay at newsagents, and I just
want to know how to phrase the question so that the newsagent will
understand.

TIA,
Steph