Old April 24th 12, 01:11 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default A Stock Finale

On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 13:47:46 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 13:13:46 on
Tue, 24 Apr 2012, Recliner remarked:
All the A stock trains were either 4 or 8-car (no 3-car units). I seem
to recall that the 4-car double-ended unit trains ran mainly at
weekends (in the 1970s, I lived in a flat that had a distant view of
the Met line).

I used A-stock to get to London and back (often outside normal commuting
hours) in the 90's, and don't recall ever seeing a short unit.

I think 4-car usage stopped by then on the mainline (ie, excluding the
Chesham shuttle and ELL). Uncoupling went out of fashion on LU by the
1980s.