Old April 24th 12, 01:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default Capping mishandled

In message of Wed, 18 Apr 2012 17:21:08
in uk.transport.london, Roland Perry writes
In message , at 13:23:53 on
Wed, 18 Apr 2012, Paul Corfield remarked:
The rules say
that capping aligns to the equivalent One Day Travelcard. I have
checked this against TfL documents that I have about Oyster ticketing
rules.

That's a plausible rule (a bit severe on people making just one trip
outside Z4, but that's another issue), but isn't consistent with claims
that:

"Oyster will work out the cheapest combination of fares for all
your journeys in one day."

... which should be removed from the literature.

I have just had a response to a ticket I raised with the Oyster Customer
Service Cent "... I can confirm that the daily price capping page has
been updated ..."

I have checked and find "Oyster will work out the cheapest combination
of fares for all your journeys in one day." no longer appears in
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/14837.aspx
--
Walter Briscoe