Old April 24th 12, 01:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Paul Terry[_3_] Paul Terry[_3_] is offline

Default London 2012: TfL details Games rail and Tube hotspots

In message , Roland Perry
writes

For someone camped out near the start of the Marathon or road cycling,
it's not going to be visible for very long, but on the other hand maybe
they don't need a ticket. I wonder how they are doing crowd control for
street events?

Lots of volunteers for the road cycling, backed-up by police, if the
trial run was an accurate guide (I live only a few hundred yards from
the route).

It's true that you don't see individual competitors for long, but by the
return leg the field was spread out enough to take some 10 minutes or so
to pass. The event is free, except for a few select places (such as Box
Hill) where tickets are required.

Although not particularly keen on bike racing, I have to say that just
the blast of air from 20 or so top cyclists flying past in close
formation and at top speed is quite something.
--
Paul Terry