Old April 24th 12, 02:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default Capping mishandled

In message of Tue, 24 Apr 2012 14:54:27
in uk.transport.london, Roland Perry writes
In message , at 14:23:17 on Tue, 24
Apr 2012, Walter Briscoe remarked:
"Oyster will work out the cheapest combination of fares for all
your journeys in one day."

... which should be removed from the literature.

I have just had a response to a ticket I raised with the Oyster Customer
Service Cent "... I can confirm that the daily price capping page has
been updated ..."

I have checked and find "Oyster will work out the cheapest combination
of fares for all your journeys in one day." no longer appears in
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/14837.aspx

Well done.

Thank you.

And a much quoted myth is therefore completely and utterly exploded.

I think you exaggerate. It is probably an unusual issue. A well-
constructed FOI question might put it in context.

Meanwhile, I have raised the matter with London Travelwatch.
I want the words reinstated and to describe the truth. If Oyster does
not have that capability, I want automatic refunds to recognise the
situation.

Are they going to apologise to the last several years worth of misled
customers?

When pigs fly!

I recently found something interesting.
My z1-2 travel was capped.
I went from Moorgate to London Bridge, spent £0.01 in the National Rail
platform 6 toilet and returned to Moorgate. My journey was charged at
9.20 due to the well known OSI issue.
4 days later, I was refunded 7.20, after LU ticket office staff had not
had the power to resolve the issue.

It seems that automatic refunds do not deal with capping.

I have since been given the £2.00.
--
Walter Briscoe