Old February 26th 04, 07:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Steph Davies Steph Davies is offline

Default Topping-up pre-pay at newsagents' terminals

K wrote in message . ..
On 24 Feb 2004 05:00:46 -0800, (Steph Davies)
wrote:

I suspect it is possible to top-up pre-pay at newsagents,

It is - a colleague of my did it at the newsagent here.

and I just
want to know how to phrase the question so that the newsagent will
understand.

Can I put £x prepay on my Oystercard please? :-)

If only it were that simple :-) The guy just didn't know what I
wanted and kept trying to put a bus pass on it.

What I was hoping for was a list of talk-through instructions to tell
the guy how to do it, something like:

1. Press the "Top-up Oystercard" button on your screen
2. Then choose the "Cash top-up"
3. Choose the amount

etc...

Step-by-step instructions that would work with any newsagent, even one
who didn't know what you were asking for!

As Oyster bus pre-pay hasn't officially launched I guess there aren't
many people on the right side of the river topping up cash yet.

So, any newsagent travelcard system experts in here..?