Old April 26th 12, 07:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default TfL vs Addison Lee

On 26/04/2012 19:51, Neil Williams wrote:
Paul wrote:

Clearly TfL have come away with a decision that broadly supports its
position. However Addison Lee seem intent on pursuing their argument
that they are being "discriminated" against. The timing of all of this
is extremely dubious in my view and is only about AL making shedloads
of money while not giving a damn about what happens to London's bus
service.

I fail to see why that applies any differently to Hackney carriages.

My view is that taxis of any kind, private hire or Hackney carriage, are
private transport and should not be permitted in bus lanes at all.

Neil

I don't find the taxis to be a problem so much as cyclists, who can
really slow things down. I have also seen some cyclists get very nasty
towards bus drivers without any provocation.