Old April 27th 12, 06:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default TfL vs Addison Lee

In message , at 22:18:47 on
Thu, 26 Apr 2012, Paul Corfield remarked:
My view is that taxis of any kind, private hire or Hackney carriage, are
private transport and should not be permitted in bus lanes at all.

Well that is my view too. I have little time for taxis or minicabs.

Horses for courses. Those of us who have memorised the tube map (and
possibly also the bus map) and are familiar with London are generally
capable of coping without taxis.

But if you aren't familiar with the territory, it's after dark and
raining, and your destination is quite some trek from a tube station,
Taxis can be quite useful.

What we need is one of those races like they have on TopGear. How about
going to a black tie dinner at the Horticultural Halls, starting from
Broadcasting House.