Old April 28th 12, 09:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london
tim.... tim.... is offline

Default TfL vs Addison Lee

"Bruce" wrote in message
Neil Williams wrote:

My view is that taxis of any kind, private hire or Hackney carriage, are
private transport and should not be permitted in bus lanes at all.

Hackney cabs are *most certainly public transport*. Everyone is
entitled to use them on payment of a regulated fare.

I don't see how having a regulated fare has anything to do with it. Buses
can charge what they like for any given journey.

So on that basis you are left with "anyone can use them on paynet of a fare"
so that makes minicabs PT as well

tim