Old May 5th 12, 03:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
Nobody Nobody is offline

Default Cable car testing underway

On Thu, 3 May 2012 22:30:11 -0700 (PDT), e27002
wrote:

On May 4, 1:19*am, Nobody wrote:
On Fri, 04 May 2012 00:12:04 +0100, Arthur Figgis

wrote:
On 03/05/2012 14:00, wrote:
On Thu, 3 May 2012 05:02:57 -0700 (PDT)
*wrote:
On May 3, 12:44=A0pm, wrote:
On Thu, 3 May 2012 03:38:34 -0700 (PDT)

*wrote:
The financial services sector still brings in business, but HMG are
about to impose taxes on it.

For anyone with short memories - the investment banking part of the finan=
cial
services sector has cost this country billions in bail out money which we
still haven't recouped. Any sympathy for it is misplaced.

No sympathy, but London is still the major financial transaction
center (New York is number 2, Chicago number 3). *This is businesss
the UK can hardly afford to lose.

If we're not taxing it sufficiently then what benefit does it serve? A few
thousand jobs is chickenfeed in the scheme of things.

In the bigger picture, every industry is chickenfeed. A billion Chinamen
might consider the entire UK population to be pretty negligible in the
grand scheme of things.

gulp Chinamen?

Even before "political correctness" that was low.

Xie xie... I can safely go back to my chop suey and chow mein now. I
thought I wuz being overly sensitive.