Old May 14th 12, 09:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default How far does my staff Oyster take me?

On 14/05/2012 18:57, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Mon, 14 May 2012 12:53:58 +0100, David Cantrell
wrote:

On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 01:27:45PM +0100, wrote:

I know a driver on one of the tube lines, and he tells me that employees
of TfL do not receive any sort of discounts when using NR -- not even
annual one-off tickets.

Are you sure about that? I know they used to, and my parents (my dad's
a BR pensioner) get cheap tube tickets. Perhaps this is just left over
from the days before BR was dismembered and sold off to the worst
bidder.

BR privatisation is the cut off point for whether TfL employees have
privilege facilities or not. Further some TfL employees come from
predecessor organisations who have no historical entitlement to
privilege ticket facilities. It needs to be said that with the sheer
complexity of rail ticketing and advent of cheap advance tickets that
the value of the privilege facility has reduced enormously over the
years.

Do TfL people get FIP travel abroad, like the post-privatisation
National Rail types do (but apparently often don't know about)?

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK