Old May 15th 12, 07:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive Clive is offline

Default How far does my staff Oyster take me?

In message , Paul Corfield
writes
Nope. The Eurostar discount is the only offer that gets you to
foreign soil by rail. There are still some ferry discounts for
privilege facility holders.
I sometimes look at the ATOC Staff Travel guidance document for NR
staff and am mildly jealous. Still I could always go and get a job
with a TOC!

In 1966 we not only got free passes country wide, (mine were always made
out Penzance to Thurso) ordinary travel at .25 of the standard fare and
a thing called an international authority card for foreign travel. It
cost me 2/6 (two shilling and six pence) to travel from Bristol to
Paris. That 2/6 was nothing to do with trains it was port tax charges
which the railway didn't own.
--
Clive