Old May 18th 12, 09:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
eastender[_4_] eastender[_4_] is offline

Default Failed Oyster card

In article ,
Paul Corfield wrote:

The Staff guide to Fares and Ticketing says that you should be able to
use the Oyster website or Oyster helpline to try to resolve the
problem. I suspect a Tube ticket office will be faster as they will
issue a replacement on the spot.

I did call the Oyster helpline and was told that only lost or stolen
cards can be handled remotely - you have to go to a station.

It may be something to do with auto-top failing - the last journey (16
May) before today took the balance to ?13.55 but the balance is now
showing as ?6.95 and the ?40 auto top-up hasn't been applied - it says
this should happen below ?8.

There's nothing showing on my online credit card account but the card is
fine. Does auto top-up show up at once on the Oyster site?

So DJ -- Warren Street -- DJ today has been billed so far as ?6.60.

I notice that last year there was a 'Failed top-up resettled'.

The card was in a top breast pocket on my jacket and so was well
protected. I didn't touch in between Vic line and overground at Highbury
- I normally do this.

E.