Old May 19th 12, 11:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Denis McMahon[_4_] Denis McMahon[_4_] is offline

Default petrol/electric hybrid vans - why not?

On Sat, 19 May 2012 17:20:35 +0100, Robin9 wrote:

I imagine the main motor manufacturers are investigating possibilities
for goods vehicles including diesel/electric hybrids.

Isn't the new "London Bus" such a hybrid? Given that the carrying
capacity of most vehicles is related to the size, I don't see why a Prius
sized "car-derived-van" couldn't use the Prius system, nor why it can't
be upscaled to match the increased vehicle size for eg ford transit /
mercedes sprint / vw transporter etc sized vehicles.

Rgds

Denis McMahon