Old May 21st 12, 05:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Offramp Offramp is offline

Default I've been dealt the Queen of Diamonds

On Sunday, 20 May 2012 18:23:46 UTC+1, Basil Jet wrote:

I think Victoria Coach Station should be renamed Elizabeth Coach
Station... is it after all in Elizabeth Street next to Elizabeth Bridge,
and not exactly adjacent to Victoria Station or Victoria Street.

That's not a bad idea. The Coach station should really be dissociated from the Tube/Train station. People arrive at Victoria Tube station thinking that the Coach Station will be right next door. As we know it is, with a bag, as much as a 15 minute walk along the Buckingham palace Road (if you get the directions right).

Naming it Elizabeth anything wouldn't be my first choice. There is far too much infrastructure named after that old queen already.

I would name it after a commoner. How about John Lennon?

Oliver Reed?