Old May 22nd 12, 10:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default petrol/electric hybrid vans - why not?

On Tue, 22 May 2012 11:25:52 +0100
Bruce wrote:
Yes, I think it's the number of recharging cycles, rather than the
chronological age, that determines the useful life of a battery pack,
so commercial vehicles are likely to get through them much more
rapidly than private cars.

That is nonsense, because whether the vehicle is a commercial van or a
private car it is almost certain to be charged once every 24 hours.

If its a hybrid it'll be recharging itself and it'll be doing it a lot more
often if its being used 12 hours a day.

That does not appear to be a factor in resale values of the Toyota
Prius, which has been on sale a lot longer than any other hybrid car.

I doubt many of them have been driven the distance to the moon and back yet.

B2003