Old May 24th 12, 02:26 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
Stephen Furley Stephen Furley is offline

Default Do we really need the BTP

On May 24, 2:53*pm, wrote:
On Thu, 24 May 2012 06:05:47 -0700 (PDT)

Stephen Furley wrote:
I take it you mean the Mark Duggan who was proved to be unarmed, and
who was killed by a shot from police scum who then lied about the
circumstances. *They claimed that one of their men had been fired at

Oh boo hoo. Shouw I send his family flowers in that case? Its probably
more than any victims he would have used his gun on would have got.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Mark_Duggan

"Unnamed police sources claimed via The Telegraph that Duggan was a "well
known gangster"[5] and a "major player and well known to the police in
Tottenham".[41]

I have no way of knowing whether this is true or not, but 'unnamed'
police sources are not something I would ever believe without very
good evidence to support them. The police constantly lie about just
about everything. Is there any very good evidence to support them?

Duggan was a nephew of deceased Manchester gangland boss
Desmond Noonan"

So what? I had a relative, I think he was a great uncle or something,
who was a member of the British Union of Fascists and who had
supported Hitler and believed that Britain should have joined with
him against the Russians. Am I to be held accountable for his views?

Yeah , a model citizen.

If I was a known scum who had a habit of walking around with a loaded weapon
then I don't think I could whinge if I got shot.

But you have no objection to people doing this as long as they work
for the police?

They also lied about the man who died, though probably not as a direct
result of, being pushed over by them during a demonstration in which
he was not taking part in London.

That was an accident because the drunken bum refused to move on. You don't
expect someone to die from pushing them over.

Ok, let's say that I go out into the street. I happen to see a police
officer, and I push them to the ground. Do to unknown reasons, they
die. I then lie about the circumstances. When it is shown that I
have lied I then claim that it was an accident, and that I had pushed
him because he (I'm not sure of the exact wording which was used, but
it was something like) looked as if he was going to resist me. Under
those circumstances would you have any objection to the way I had
behaved, or would you feel that it was quite acceptable?