Old May 24th 12, 06:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
martin j martin j is offline

Default Why are some fares defined and others not?

Due to Southern cancellations used Tulse Hill rather than my normal Streatham Hill, from Canary Wharf, via Canada Water. Asked for a refund after being charged £2.00 exiting Tulse Hill and TfL Oystercard operator told me this was only a goodwill gesture and would not longer happen again. Seems the fare is defined to Streatham Hill but not to Tulse Hill, so you get charged at the latter. Since I haven't gone outside my zones 2 and 3 I don't understand the charge.

Any seggestions?,
Martin J