Old May 24th 12, 08:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default The Jubilee line

On Thu, 24 May 2012 19:28:25 +0100, Paul Corfield
wrote:

On Thu, 24 May 2012 08:42:03 +0000 (UTC), d
wrote:

Oh dear. Another disaster. What the hell is wrong with this line and the
trains that run on it? I hope TfL is getting compensation from the
manufacturers for these endless cockups.

On the BBC evening news there was a comment from Peter Hendy who said
the fault with the "sat down" train had never occurred since the
trains entered service. The back up facility apparently did not work
and when the "push out" train attached to it the fault then propegated
to the "pusher".

Goodness knows what did go wrong but I would expect a very thorough
engineering review and then a full fleet check to see if any other
trains are susceptible and also to make sure the back up facility is
fully working on every train. I would also expect there to be an
investigation as to how a train got into a state where the back up was
not functional and the changes to procedures (if required).

It does seem odd that apparently new faults are appearing in a mature
fleet that should be in the optimum part of the reliability bathtub
curve.