Old May 26th 12, 07:29 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
ian batten ian batten is offline

Default Office can't change a tenner

On May 26, 5:51*am, Nobody wrote:
On Fri, 25 May 2012 14:40:16 -0700 (PDT), ian batten

wrote:
On May 25, 9:41 pm, Nobody wrote:
On Thu, 24 May 2012 03:03:14 -0700 (PDT), ian batten

wrote:
On May 24, 8:09 am, Arthur Figgis wrote:

In fact in London this affects not only youngsters but also tourists -
and with the Olympic crowds estimated to be 500,000 EXTRA visitors -
National Rail and the traincos really do need to sort out this
ticketing farce and stop deliberately inconveniencing potential
customers.

International disgrace - look at the Dutch state railway TVM issues
(unless they've fixed it?).

I want CJB to show us one, just one, tourist in London for the
Olympics who does not hold a debit card and exclusively uses cash.

ian

I'm thinking of visitng Blighty from the True North later this year
(after the Olys), and do not possess a debit card, nor have any
intention of obtaining one.

So it's credit card or cash.

So that's fine: all the machines take them.

ian

But you're the one who is arguing about "debit" card usage. *I wuz
saying I'm one who doesn't hold a "debit" card... debit and credit
cards (at least here in Canaduh) are two very different instruments.

In the UK it is extremely difficult to find anything that takes the
one that doesn't take the other. There are some edge cases, but they
are not relevant here.

ian