Old May 26th 12, 01:16 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
ian batten ian batten is offline

Default Office can't change a tenner

On May 26, 12:02*pm, "Tim Roll-Pickering" T.C.Roll-
wrote:
Graeme Wall wrote:
In the UK it is extremely difficult to find anything that takes the
one that doesn't take the other.
Aldi and Lidl.
Perhaps you have never heard of them.
It wasn't *that* long ago when John Lewis would only accept their own
credit card.

And Marks & Sparks wouldn't accept any.

I must be imagining everything I've purchased there on my cards.

Note the past tense. It's only quite recently (for those of us d'une
certaine age) that they've started accepting them. Around the same
time they started allowing you to try clothes on, as I recall.

ian