Old May 29th 12, 09:09 PM
Marco Marco is offline
Junior Member

Default Moving to London on the Jubilee weekend?

Hi All,

I’m moving from Birmingham to a new flat in the London Bridge area. Due to the contract and when my new job starts, I need to move down either this Friday 1st June or Saturday 2nd. Unfortunately, because of the Jubilee weekend, I know the traffic getting to London Bridge is probably going to be horrific.

Driving down on the Friday means hitting the congestion charge and possibly rush hour, but going on the Saturday one risks all the traffic from the tens of thousands of tourists making their way into London for the Jubilee. In your opinion, which day do you think would be best to drive from Birmingham to London Bridge?

Thanks for any advice.