Old May 29th 12, 09:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
redcat redcat is offline

Default Moving to London on the Jubilee weekend?

On 5/29/2012 5:09 PM, Marco wrote:
Hi All,

I’m moving from Birmingham to a new flat in the London Bridge area. Due
to the contract and when my new job starts, I need to move down either
this Friday 1st June or Saturday 2nd. Unfortunately, because of the
Jubilee weekend, I know the traffic getting to London Bridge is probably
going to be horrific.

Driving down on the Friday means hitting the congestion charge and
possibly rush hour, but going on the Saturday one risks all the traffic
from the tens of thousands of tourists making their way into London for
the Jubilee. In your opinion, which day do you think would be best to
drive from Birmingham to London Bridge?

Thanks for any advice.

Saturday. I think regular tourists have been scared away. Londoners will
stay home (or already be in the country). Only politicians will be on
the road. Hmmm, on second thought...