Old May 29th 12, 10:28 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Jamie Thompson Jamie  Thompson is offline

Default BML2/Crossrail Western Extensions.

On May 29, 9:42*pm, Charles Ellson wrote:
Didn't the original cluster of buildings which formed the station go
further south than the arch so that Drummond Street effectively ran
through the station ?

It was cut into two by the construction of the new station; what is
now Doric Way (presumably named after the Doric portico which was
demolished during the station rebuilding works) was formerly the
eastern end of the same street.

If I remember rightly, on one side of the station there's some kind of
goods vehicle underpass that dives under the new station roughly on
the line of the missing part of Drummond Street.

Martin L

If I can make it out from the diagram I have of the LNWR's proposed
loop under Euston, then Drummond St. continued to exist normally in
front of the arch, and the buildings south of it were just the Euston
hotel.