Old May 31st 12, 06:58 PM
Marco Marco is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
On 29/05/2012 22:09, Marco wrote:
Hi All,

I’m moving from Birmingham to a new flat in the London Bridge area. Due
to the contract and when my new job starts, I need to move down either
this Friday 1st June or Saturday 2nd. Unfortunately, because of the
Jubilee weekend, I know the traffic getting to London Bridge is probably
going to be horrific.

Driving down on the Friday means hitting the congestion charge and
possibly rush hour, but going on the Saturday one risks all the traffic
from the tens of thousands of tourists making their way into London for
the Jubilee. In your opinion, which day do you think would be best to
drive from Birmingham to London Bridge?

Thanks for any advice.

Picked a hell of a weekend to be moving to London. Is there any possible
way that you might set up some temporary accommodation, such as stay
with a friend and bring only what you need, and then carry out the full
move the weekend?
Yeah I certainly did. In hindsight I should have probably delayed it by a week. It was because of my new job in London, and they wanted me to start obviously asap once I had served my notice in my previous job.

It should only take one journey to move everything down as I'm moving out of "home" and only renting a flat , so I'll be able to leave a lot of stuff behind.

Last edited by Marco : May 31st 12 at 07:03 PM