Old June 2nd 12, 02:00 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default London Overground in chaos

On Sat, 2 Jun 2012 06:45:53 -0700 (PDT), e27002
wrote:

On Jun 2, 2:37*pm, "Tim Roll-Pickering" T.C.Roll-
wrote:
"e27002" wrote:
Overall the Overground is a great
network. It joins together the networks in London proper, and the
parts in annexed Surrey and Kent.

What's this London proper as opposed to "annexed Surrey and Kent"? And what
about "annexed Essex", "annexed Hertfordshire" and "still Hertfordshire"?!

Middlesex was never South of the Thames. The creation of the LCC saw
large chunks of Surrey and Kent Annexed to London. The creation of
the GLC saw more land grabs. Last I knew the postal address
Chessington, Surrey is/was actually in London.

Essex and Herts? I agree, they have lost a chunk of their tax base.

It's getting on for 50 years since the "annexations" happened -- how
many more decades will it be before you accept them as fact?