Old June 2nd 12, 09:58 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roger Carpenter Roger Carpenter is offline

Default Epping - Ongar Railway Now Open

I was there last weekend and very impressive it was. A lot of money
has clearly been spent as the railway is in a pretty good state and
the quality of restoration is high. While the signalling is not quite
there yet, and the footbridge at North Weald is incomplete, the
experience is definitely not that of a typical newly-opened line. I'll
definitely be back for their olympic three train service - presumably
they'll need the signalling working for that.

And, as others have said, they were friendly and helpful everywhere.

While I was there, I walked from Ongar to North Weald looking at the
various public crossing points. If anyone's interested in the pics
they are at :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpent...7629915203454/