Old June 3rd 12, 10:36 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default London Overground in chaos

On 02/06/2012 22:15, Jarle H Knudsen wrote:
On Sat, 02 Jun 2012 20:59:38 +0100, wrote:
On 02/06/2012 20:09, Paul Corfield wrote:

My view is that Boris will be "rewarded" for his
Mayoral election victory by government agreeing to either fund
Overground improvements or devolve some franchises to TfL control or
possibly both. I think there is some heavyweight lobbying going on at
the moment.

Which franchises, for example, Northern City Line?

Doesn't the services that run on that line terminate well outside London?

Welwyn Garden City is 20 miles out of Kings Cross station, whereas
Amersham is 23.7 miles from Charing Cross

TfL also ran services out to Aylesbury, which is almost 38 miles from
Marlylebone, until 1961.

Upminster is 16 miles out from Charing Cross, though I don't know how
far out Watford Junction is from Euston.

Don't forget that services once ran as far out as Ongar.

Paris' RATP operates lines RER Lines A and B, though I don't know how
far out they go from the centre of town or their respective Zero Miles.