Old February 27th 04, 09:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather Clive D. W. Feather is offline

Default DLR extension to woolwich

In article , Dave Arquati
writes
I don't believe there are yet any plans for any of the NLL to close,
although the City Airport branch will abstract almost all remaining
traffic. Given that ExCeL now generates traffic to Custom House, I
would imagine that the NLL will remain open to that point at least, and
to close the North Woolwich section would require new trackwork at
Custom House to permit trains to reverse - it's probably just easier to
keep the line open to N Woolwich.

Actually, the plan is for Crossrail to take over the NLL route from
Custom House to the North Woolwich area before diving under the river.
If :

However there are plans for the DLR to take over the whole section
between Stratford and N Woolwich to provide easier access to Stratford
International

doesn't happen, the NLL will run to one of the stations on the
Woolwich-Dartford line (I forget which offhand).

- I can't imagine that they'd want to do anything with the section
south of Canning Town though.

If the DLR takes over that bit, they'd just shut it.

--
Clive D.W. Feather, writing for himself | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: